What is Three Strands?
Three Strands is a nine week, faith-based parenting program offered by local churches and volunteers to families in crisis. It is for parents who have lost custody of their children, or who are at risk of losing custody, and are working toward family reunification and preservation. Classes meet in the evening once a week.
Three Strands is more than just a parenting class! It also includes:
- Meals: Home-cooked and served to all parents, children, and volunteers on class nights. (We have even been known to send home leftovers!)
- Childcare: Provided on class nights for parents who need it.
- Transportation: Volunteers provide rides to and from class for parents who lack reliable transportation.
- Teaching: Classes taught by volunteers from local churches who are themselves experienced parents and who have big open hearts toward families in crisis. The Three Strands curriculum blends ancient scriptural wisdom with modern theory and practice.
- Mentoring: Three Strands mentors are also local church volunteers who support family restoration. Mentors meet weekly with class participants to provide friendship, support, and prayer. They have also been known to be strong advocates in parents' cases.
- Community Support: Community support is crucial when walking through a family crisis. Three Strands provides parents and families an opportunity for lasting friendship and support as they work toward reunification and beyond!
What's in a name?
The name "Three Strands" comes from a Bible verse describing the importance of relationship in overcoming adversity. "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. " (Ecclesiastes 4:12)
Freedom Church Round Rock, Sunday Nights, 2/9/2020 - 4/5/2020, 5 - 8 pm
1205 Round Rock Ave Suite 109, Round Rock, TX 78681
Contact: Tonya Foulkrod * 512-577-1410 * tf@FRCoalition.org